Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Introducing... My next project!

...and it's going to be crazy!

Because I apparently don't learn from my mistakes (and because it was awesome last time, of course), I've decided to try out for ECG once again at next year's J-popcon, this time in the singles division. The costume?

Oh god, the embroidery!


This is Amir(a) Halgal, main character of the best manga about 19th century Central Asian goatherds in existence, A Bride's Story (乙嫁語り). And she is COVERED in embroidery. I somehow decided that that was a plus.

In all honesty, I've wanted to make this costume since I saw it all over Japan Expo 2011 on the huge promotional billboards for Bride Stories (as it's called in France; amusing how the same manga can have several english titles...) and since I'm barred from entering ECG in a group this year and have no interest in going back to WCS, well, things just worked out.

So, how far am I?

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm ALSO a terrible photographer

...buying materials counts as progress, right? ^_^;

In any case, I intend to start on the skirt embroidery this week, to get into a work rythm again - with ECG, a summer in Japan and a ton of stuff crashing down on me in september, I haven't had time to do much in the vein of cosplay since the bad old days of ECG-crunch in June, so I think I need to ease into it. Besides, J-pop isn't in another five and a half months, right?

*Cue insane last-minute-no-sleep-stress in mid-March*

Ice-nine, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment